As a bakery apprentice you will be working either in a traditional craft bakery, large automated processing plant, a specialist retail shop or supermarket.
You will develop your knowledge of bakery methods and processes, product development and food health and safety through specialist training in Reaseheath College’s industry standard bakery facility, whilst gaining on-the-job training in the workplace.
What will I study?
- Measuring ingredient quantities
- Making dough
- Working safely with machinery like power mixers, industrial ovens and production lines
- Managing supplies
- Keeping production areas clean
- Coming up with ideas for new products
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
What qualifications do I need to start?
What qualifications will I gain?
Course options after this programme
How much will this course cost?
Apprenticeships are funded through government and employer contributions. If you are:
- 16-18 working for a small business (<50) your training will be fully funded*
- 19+ or working for a Medium size business (50+) an employer contribution may be required
- Working for a large business or organisation (Payroll of £3m+) you training funded from your employers Digital Apprenticeship Service Account
*small businesses who employ an apprentice between 16-18 may be eligible to receive a financial government incentive
Our college buses pick up over 1,400 students each day from a wide area. From September 2018 all college bus routes to Reaseheath will be FREE. To find a bus route near you visit the transport pages on our website.
How do I apply?
If you have an employer and you would like to apply for an apprenticeship you can apply now online. You can also view our live vacancies or complete an online enquiry form and a member of the apprenticeship team will contact you.
For a step by step guide on the application process visit the how to apply pages on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find out more information about becoming an apprentice or employing an apprentice by visiting our website.