- How did you end up in this job?
I first started to apply to apprenticeships in the food industry, where I was really interested in Samworth Brothers due to community work and the range of businesses that they deal, from: private label to brands.
- What advice would you give to someone thinking of pursuing this career?
This job is not just about working on a desk, it’s a job where you can collaborate with other team members from other departments, who have different skills, knowledge and experience. Therefore, you can shadow and even gain experience in another field of work where you have interest. There always opportunities to progress and have different experiences, from: NPD to sales and marketing.
- If you had the chance to do it all over again, what would you do the same / differently?
I would make sure that I keep exploring and gaining knowledge on the different types of apprenticeships available, because at first I never knew you could do apprenticeships in NPD or marketing, so self-educating will be key.
- How long have you been doing your job?
I have been doing this job for 8 months and 2 weeks. However, every year I will change my role due to the 2 years I have left of the degree apprenticeship.
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
In 5 year’s time, I would like to see myself in a manging role for other new starters and apprentices that would like to take the same path that I did – to help them guide and develop their careers and be in a role where I have the authority to share my ideas openly to the directors.
- If you could give your 16 year old self some career advice, what would it be?
Its fine not to know what to do, because if one door does not open then the next one will.