What's the job?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for Supply Chain Co-ordinator to join our busy team.
Applications are invited from suitably experienced individuals, capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment. With a meticulous eye for detail and with a methodical and structured approach, you will be responsible for inventory and order management, sourcing and procuring a portfolio of products to the business in order to create enhanced value in the finished product.
As a great communicator with good literacy and numeracy skills, you will have a strong sense of commercial awareness along with excellent administration and analytical skills. Typical duties and responsibilities will include liaising daily with production planning, attending production meetings, reporting on raw material issues and working with sales in relation to new product launch, planning and forecasting.
Internal progression is strongly encouraged and Barfoots are committed to assisting with professional development and supporting training opportunities wherever appropriate.
- Provide an uninterrupted flow of materials
- Effective inventory management – maintaining the optimum stock position through supplier orders that take into consideration variables such as demand forecast, yields and unexpected changes in supply
- Source and purchase products at the lowest ultimate price
- Accurate data entry and data management including invoice processing
- Minimise inventory investment and loss
- Ensure suppliers are working with accurate information and forecasts
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Filing and controlling delivery documentation
- Engage in the product development process from the initial brief through to product submissions
- Support the processing range reviews to ensure Supply Chain are informed of any key changes
- Ensure waste targets and customer standards are adhered to at all times by monitoring production
About the Company
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops. Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce. Supplying our premium produce to some of the UK’s leading retailers and restaurants, we are very proud of what we do and how we do it. With our impressive green credentials, we truly are committed to sustainability, demonstrating continued investment in the latest technologies to help maintain our carbon neutral footprint.
What do you need?
Required Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive command of English, both written and spoken
- Additional Language preferred (Spanish or French desireable)
- Strong communication skills
- Good literacy and numeration skills
- Financial understanding of budgets, P&L accounts
- Understanding of factors that affect quality
- Knowledge of stock replenishment and inventory management
- Strong sense of commercial awareness
- Strong administrative and analytical skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous Food Production or FMCG experience – preferred
Join us and you'll get
- Investors In People Silver Award status
- Company pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Approved training centre for Highfield qualifications
- Rapidly growing company
- Committed to Sustainability