Be part of the Premier Foods supply chain at the Ashford site playing a key part in the planning of the manufacture of our branded products like Batchelor’s, Bisto and Paxo. Be part of a team making key decisions about what products need to be made based on sales demand data and factory manufacturing parameters.
In addition to this you will have the opportunity to study towards a Supply Chain Leadership Professional Degree Apprenticeship. This work-based 4-year programme is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding, skills and experience required to operate effectively and successfully in a senior supply chain role. Core areas focus on: supply chain operations; supply, demand and forecasting; network design; legislation; organisational strategy and finance.
You will gain this qualification – a BSc (Hons) Professional Practice in Supply Chain Leadership - as you work at Premier Foods, studying via a combination of block release weeks at Leeds Trinity University and the Supply Chain Academy with on-the-job work experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on site as well as external functions such as Marketing, Procurement and Demand Planning
- Calculate optimum stock holding strategy for finished goods
- Monitor potential or actual out of stock situations and take appropriate actions
- Produce detailed production plans on a weekly basis
- Prepare long-term production plans for monthly capacity review
- Be part of NPD (new product development) project teams and plan in trials and first production to ensure launch timings can be met
- Work with third party manufacturers placing orders for our products and ensuring they are delivered into the Premier Foods distribution system in time for customer orders
- Ensure system data integrity in planning system
- Attend the apprenticeship workshops, complete assignments and participate in learning activities as required
About the Company
A great British food company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Bachelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
What do you need?
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent. A-Levels in Business, Economics or Maths would be an advantage
- Interest in how a supply chain works and a desire to commence a career in supply chain
- Good communicator
- Able to work on their own or as part of a team ·
- High level of IT literacy (good knowledge with Microsoft Excel) ·
- Able to develop and build relationships with key internal and external customers
- High standard of mathematical skills · Good attention to detail & problem-solving skills · Follows logical and disciplined thought processes
- The role will include some travel to other sites (to be agreed) as part of understanding working practices within the company
- Be committed to complete the apprenticeship programme
Join us and you'll get
- Fully funded apprenticeship programme
- Starting salary of £19,000 per year (annual incremental salary reviews subject to academic achievement)
- In-work mentorship to support academic achievements
- Access to the Hamper – discounts scheme across a variety of nationwide retailers and entertainment; hospitality and days out
- A contributory pension scheme with the Employer contribution up to 7.5%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our products at a discounted rate via the Company shop
- On-site free parking and on-site canteen