What's the Job?
- To develop quality application solutions
- To ensure solution design and integrity
- To provide on-going support for SAP application area
- Work with functional specialists to understand functional processes and ensure solution design and integrity
- To review functional design specifications, convert them into technical design specifications and develop program solutions
- Work with functional experts and business to complete all phases of testing (unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing)
- Participate in the roll out of developed applications and help ensure the on-time delivery of solution
- Develop and maintain documentation for responsible area
- Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules
- To work with external parties as required to facilitate the development of application solutions, ensuring adherence to Premier processes and standards
- To provide on-going support for responsible SAP application area
In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to study towards a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship with a BCS Diploma in Software Development Methodologies. This work-based 18-month programme is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding, skills and experience required to operate effectively and successfully in a SAP Developer role.
About the Company
As one of Britain's largest branded food producers, Premier Foods is committed to delivering the taste the British love, with food that's made in Britain by people who understand British consumers. We supply a range of retail, wholesale, foodservice and other customers with some of Britain's best loved brands. Those brands include Ambrosia desserts, Batchelor’s convenience meals, Bisto and OXO stocks and gravies, Loyd Grossman and Sharwood’s cooking sauces and Mr. Kipling cakes. Chances are that you have one of our products in your home, as over 96% of British households bought one of our products last year.
What do you need?
- Experience in ABAP programming or other programming language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good customer service skills and highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, presentation and organisation skill
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams in remote locations
- Agile approach to delivery
- Ability to drive through solutions and work with colleagues to achieve stretching timescales
- Be committed to complete the apprenticeship programme
- 7 GCSE’s (or equivalent) in maths & English language at grade C/4 or above
- Software Development Technician Apprenticeship Level 3, or Matching qualification, or equivalent work experience
Join us and you'll get
We will pay you a competitive starting salary for the real job that you are joining us for and we will also pay all costs for your apprenticeship study with QA Apprenticeships.
What we offer you in return:
- Fully funded apprenticeship programme
- Starting salary of £15,000 - £18,000 per year (annual incremental salary reviews subject to academic achievement)
- In-work mentorship to support academic achievements
- Access to the Hamper – discounts scheme across a variety of nationwide retailers and entertainment; hospitality and days out
- A contributory pension scheme with the Employer contribution up to 7.5%
- Cycle to work scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates