What's the Job?
- Track, Improve & Develop Site Strategies for sustained HSE Performance.
- Develop, initiate and coordinate short, medium and long-term activities and innovative preventative strategies and program for HSE to continue enhance the safety culture.
- Implement systems of work and support managers to secure meaningful employee involvement.
- Actively lead implementation of legal, insurance and Corporate standards.
- Act on behalf of McCormick with regards 3rd party and insurance bodies to insure accident claims are proactively managed against legal framework, McCormick reputation and status is in balance with claimant’s desired outcomes. Protect McCormick from fraudulent claims.
- Provide advice and support to line in incident investigation, analysis and follow-up. Analyse accident/ incident pattern. Review and coordinate learning from incidents at other sites.
- Provide line with support in implementing a risk management system. Ensure HSE risks and impacts are appropriately identified.
- Liaise with external customers, regulatory bodies, lobbies, etc. – audit, best practice.
- As part of the Site Management team, act as a technical expert and internal consultant, direct, lead, coach site.
- Work with Occupational Health and HR on well-being programmes.
- Experience and also knowledge of managing onsite effluent plant aligned to EPC permitting regulations
- Managing small team of direct reports.
- Liaising with EMEA HSE Team to meet EMEA and global HSE targets and strategies.
- Working closely with onsite Facilities Management Team.
About the Company
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
What do you need?
- Significant experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or site facility roles with progressive responsibility for H&S, Environmental.
- Experience in food manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- HSE qualification, e.g. NEBOSH, CIEH, IEMA.
- Good understanding of HSE legislation.
- Experience of working in Quality function is preferable.
- Strong influencing and change management skills.
- Lead Auditor experience / skills (including ethical, SMETA audits).
- Proven experience of leading a significant H&S or environmental projects and ability to manage H&S safety strategies on site.
- Strong problem-solving skills: leads others in problem solving & root cause analysis.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence others (internal & external) and build effective relationships (internal & external) at all levels.
- Small team management experience.
- Leadership skills, proven track record of leading, engaging, coaching, mentoring etc.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- CDM experience and understanding linked to large capital projects work.
- Strong understanding of PUWER, LOLER, MEWP's.