Position: Quality Management Systems Technologist
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
About the company
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
What's the job?
At this position you will be responsible for the duties linked to the management of the Quality Management System at the Littleborough site, to ensure site compliance with EMEA, regulatory, customer and third-party audit requirements. This role will require close liaison with all areas of our business, especially Manufacturing, QA & Engineering.
- Responsible for the governance, maintenance, control, deployment, update and improvement of all documents relevant to the site’s Quality Management Systems. This includes:
- Site QMS,
- Quality Standard Operating Procedures,
- Other documents deemed necessary to fulfil safety, quality, and legality requirements.
- Actively involved with preparation and execution of the site’s internal and external audit programmes, taking responsibility for the completion of all allocated audits (as per specified audit schedule), associated documentation, reporting, CAPA and all necessary follow-ups/ escalation.
- Actively involved with QMS & HACCP reviews & related improvement plans.
- Actively involved with customer visits.
- Actively involved with gap analysis, development & implementation of action plans related to third-party standards and new/ revised customer requirements.
- Actively involved in both functional & cross functional project activities (e.g. investment projects and continuous improvement projects) to meet business needs and continuously improve, taking the lead as appropriate.
- Cover for QMS Co-ordinator with management of complaints including logging, reporting, trending, and timely closeout on relevant internal and external systems.
- Cover for QMS Co-ordinator with management of product launch activities and documentation
- Deputise for the Senior Quality Systems & Food Safety Lead and other members of the QA Team as and when required.
- Actively involved with the quality and food safety training programmes for the site.
- Actively involved with the quality management review meetings, quality scorecards and the site’s quality communication programme.
- Provide QA/ Technical guidance for the site teams as appropriate and key enabler to ensure adequate change control to maintain quality and food safety standards.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
What do you need?
- Degree in Food science/ technology or related subject
- Relevant experience in a Quality based role in a manufacturing industry with high quality standards.
- Internal auditing experience.
- Working knowledge of BRC standard and HACCP – preferably level 3 certified.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Good Hygiene Practice – preferably CIP systems.
- Be a real champion for quality, customer focused with an eye for detail
- Dynamic self-starter with ability to use own initiative
- Flexible/ adapts to change
- Good organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good PC skills
- Good interpersonal skills – able to work and communicate at all levels throughout the business
- Assertive team player with ability to influence others & lead tasks
- Ability to drive change and lead continuous improvement
- Project management and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and eager to learn new skills
How to apply
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please CLICK HERE
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.