What's the Job?
Here at Hain Daniels we are currently recruiting Operatives at our Histon site. Here, we manufacture a host of ambient sweet spreads and jellies for our grocery brands. These includes Hartley's jams and jellies, Gale's honey, Rose's marmalades, Sun-Pat peanut butter, and the dairy free brand Dream.
The roles will be based in our Spreads & Drizzles team within Histon, using highly automated equipment. The individuals are expected to be able to operate independently as well as within a team to deliver in a high pressure production environment ensuring no compromise to the high safety, food safety & quality standards of the site. You will be required to work rotating shifts- 4days one week and then 3 nights the following week.
*Rate £12.17/ hr plus additional £2.09 for night shift premium
- Ensure compliance of all Technical and Quality standards, ensuring all due diligence records are completed correctly.
- Running of highly automated and complex equipment to deliver production plan on time, in full, without any compromise of safety, food safety, and quality standards.
- Ensure OEE of the line is maximised by achieving changeovers to required quality within target time.
- Maintain the highest hygiene and GMP standards of your work area.
- Completion of changeovers using the tools and equipment provided without any engineering support - following training.
- Ensure all products are made to QAS, as well as meeting all packaging standards.
- Develop to multi-skill level across more than one production line/different assets, and even into different departments when needed (and trained to correct standard).
- Engage in site Continuous Improvement and Autonomous Maintenance activities as and when required.
About the Company
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. We create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Nearly half of our business is private label - we create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.
What do you need?
What you will need for the role / what it will take:
- IOSH working safely desired, but not essential.
- 3 years' experience in FMCG or pharmaceutical environment.
- FLT experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and technical environment.
- Previous machine operating experience is preferred
- Any Autonomous Maintenance or Continuous Improvement experience is highly sought after.