What's the job?
The successful candidate will be involved in creating and improving all of the exciting products we produce. Working within the New Product Development team, on recipe development, new product trials and production launches. ABP is crucial to ensuring that we stay ahead of the market. Our Higher Apprenticeship in Food Development is an ideal opportunity if you are a young ‘foodie’ with an interest in all foods and how they are made.
Reporting to: NPD Manager
Hours of work: Monday – Friday (Day shift) 40 hours per week
Location: ABP UK Ellesmere, with occasional travel to ABP UK Shrewsbury
Application Closing Date: 28th June 2019
- Ensure the ABP NPD process is adhered to at all times.
- Keep up to date to market information and product changes in the market, reviewing information and reports often originated by other functions.
- Utilise market information, competitor products, food trends and our own ingredient supply base to develop product and packaging.
- Generation of recipes for the costing process.
- Supporting product feasibilities and documenting feedback/actions.
- Creating food for onsite and offsite visits.
- Ensuring the development facility is fully equipped and ready for use at any time.
- Conduct benchmarking panels and communicate results internally and externally.
- Create and maintain product folders for new and existing product development ensuring they are kept up to date at all times
- Support and attend development trials and pre-productions as required.
- Testing and analysis of new ingredients and their adherence to specification. Reporting findings internally and externally.
- Carry out sensory analysis on new products and document findings
- Support the creation of recipes and processes for the innova recipe management system.
- Review and approve artwork for NPD against relevant objectives
- Arrangement of samples to be transported to customers and external bodies.
What do you need?
Knowledge & Experience
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and be able to work well with all levels of the business
- Attention to detail and a passion for food is necessary in order to thrive within the NPD team
- Able to work effectively in a faced paced environment where team working is key
- Flexible and adaptable in approach, whilst maintaining a methodical and structured system of working
- Ability to think creatively, and support departmental or site strategies
- English Language and Maths GCSE A*-C
- Computer literacy
- Food Safety Level 2 desired
- Full driving UK licence
Safety first - Shows safety awareness and will take a step back to consider the safety aspect before ‘diving in’ to complete the task.
Try. Try. Try. - Resilience. Never gives up. Always finds a way.
Just Do It - Effective Execution. Makes things happen.
Communication - Works with all people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting their language and communication style where required. Good verbal and written English.
Bigger Picture - Understands the business need to service & deliver quality to the customer.
Team Player - Works & interacts with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of personal goals.
How to apply
Please send a full CV with a covering letter to: Lynda Walford, People Manager at ABP UK Ellesmere. Lynda.Walford@abpbeef.com or telephone 01939 272 049 should you have any questions.