What's the job?
Procurement Rotational Programme - Commencing September 2020
Assessment centres will be held in St Albans, early 2020. Exact dates to be confirmed.
Whether it's visiting a dairy farmer in Devon or meeting with an advertising agency in London, our Procurement teams run the management of all of our third-party supplier spend across the Premier Foods business.
As well as ensuring goods and services are delivered on time and to an outstanding quality and cost, they are at the forefront of identifying and delivering change across the group, winning multiple CIPS awards in the process.
We’re recognised as industry leaders in our approach to responsible procurement and our strong supplier relationships have enabled us to grow as a sustainable and ethical business.
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for outstanding graduates to join our 2- 2.5 years development programme. We take pride in everything we do and by joining the Procurement function you'll become a trusted advisor to the business, delivering transformational change. Specifically, you'll be responsible for overseeing the procurement of specific spend categories and/or support major category spend areas, working alongside our supply partners and stakeholder teams to ensure relationships are optimised and deliver maximum value.
Following a 3 week induction programme which will include 2 weeks based in one of manufacturing sites to understand our business, you'll work closely within the specific function/business unit you have been assigned, on a structured development programme across 2, one year placements.
About the Company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
What do you need?
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- 3 A Levels
- Degree qualified (preferred but not essential) 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- An understanding of the UK FMCG/Retail sectors
- Clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment or work experience/placement
- Experience of working within a Procurement Department is desirable
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving licence
- Your base will be St Albans AL1 2RE and you will need to be prepared to relocate here: you may be required to spend time in other locations with overnight stays which maybe ad hoc evenings or longer periods during your monthly placements
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Strong Communicator both oral and written
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- Prepared to undertake professional study towards CIPS accreditation (fully funded by us)
Join us and you'll get
- £28k and attractive benefits package including: 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts.
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- Sponsored professional development
- A Business Mentor
- More than 10 days of off-job development workshops covering such topics as communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are sociable and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners and sales conferences.