What's the Job?
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
An unbelievable opportunity to work for one of the biggest and most recognised food businesses in the UK and to receive a fully paid and sponsored Procurement apprenticeship at the same time, resulting in an internationally recognised qualification.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop a successful career within Procurement. Enthusiasm is key for your success and you will be rewarded with a great working environment and a huge amount of support to help you succeed.
The Procurement Apprentice is a role designed to allow first time employees from education to move into a live Procurement environment to increase their skills and knowledge. The role sits within our Procurement teams and exposes the role holder to both internal company practices and our broad range of suppliers.
Your opportunity will be to work in the Premier Foods business, gaining on the job experience within the Procurement function. You will be given a senior mentor who will ensure you are squeezing the most from this experience and to be a partner in your development.
The experience gained will allow the successful candidate to excel in job roles including Buyer and Procurement Associate. The apprenticeship leads to an internationally recognised Level-4 qualification from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Getting broad exposure to different areas of Procurement working with our Category Buyers
- Supporting the Procurement team across a range of activities to help improve the quality of supplier-related data e.g. sustainability targets, risk, and supplier master data
- Improving understanding of Premier Foods suppliers and trends
- Understanding of suppliers in ingredients; packaging; and services
Working alongside one of our Procurement Managers to include:
- Accompaniment and engagement in internal meetings
- Accompaniment on external meetings, e.g. Buyer 121s or Supply reviews
- Develop and maintain key analysis on supplier related data and completion of administrative tasks e.g. supporting improvement of supplier master data, liaising with suppliers to upload documents to appropriate systems etc
- Studying towards the Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship Standard with content delivered by training provider SR Supply Chain Consultants Ltd, as well as internal training and development
- Working hours are 09:00-17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
About the Company
As one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies we’re committed to the UK, employing over 4,300 dedicated colleagues at 14 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country. Around 96% of what we sell is made in the UK from quality ingredients, wherever we can source sustainably from British suppliers and farmers.
We operate primarily in the ambient food sector which continues to be the largest sector within the total UK grocery market. Our Grocery business is responsible for developing our portfolio of brands in four key categories: Flavourings & Seasonings; Cooking Sauces & Accompaniments; Quick Meals, Snacks & Soups and Ambient Desserts. Our Sweet Treats business is responsible for growing our brands in the Ambient Cakes category. Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
In addition, the Group has a portfolio of other branded food products and a non-branded food business which manufactures products, such as cakes and desserts, on behalf of many of the UK’s food retailers.
What do you need?
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 2 ‘A’ levels and 5 GCSE’s grade A-C/ 9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English and/or 18 months’ relevant commercial experience
- Good understanding of Microsoft Tools, particularly Excel
- Experience of customer-facing role and providing excellent level of customer service and dealing with variety of different personalities and situations
- Attention to detail and accurate data reporting
- Ability to demonstrate good examples of team-working
- An interest and passion in Sustainability would be well-suited
- Self-managed and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Be committed to complete the apprenticeship programme
Join us and you'll get
WHAT WE OFFER YOU IN RETURN:
- Salary of £19,000 per year
- Clearly defined career path for successful individuals
- Sponsored professional development
- On-the-job mentor
- Employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme