About the company
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
What's the job?
Based: Littleborough, UK
Contract length: 6 months contract
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for Process Engineer to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast-paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Supporting process and project engineering as well as departments under the direction of the Department Manager(s)
- Leading a team of Technicians to maintain and create standard documentation for the various operations in the plant through applying best practices and identifying current gaps and opportunities for improvement. The successful applicant will have no direct reports.
- Applies best practices and ensures that they are approved and documented. Critically analyzes processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Paying special attention to cost reduction programs, process improvements, and engineering service requests as well as evaluation and recommendation of process capital improvements and automation
- Work with Project Engineering to set appropriate documentation standards for vendors and contractors that will facilitate ease of use in developing training documentation for plant staff.
- Coaching and developing a team of Technicians to improve efficiency (e.g. a specific defect/loss, project maintenance)
- Supporting new plant start ups providing personal technical expertise and process team cooperation
What do you need?
- BA’s degree in such scientific areas as Engineering, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial (Food Science would be an asset)
- A person with co-op/ intership experience is equally valued
- Practical knowledge of plant operations, packaging and processing equipment is required. Familiarity with developing and writing procedures (cross functional teams)
- A detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal and self-organizational skills would be percieved as successful candidate
- Good communication skills
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Word) is required.
- SAP, Adobe Acrobat Writer skills as well as in-depth knowledge of PLC, CAD system and Shop Floor integration is a plus
How to apply
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.