About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for 50 years, a milestone we celebrated with the local community in September 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for electrically biased (x3) and mechanically biased (x1), multi-skilled, engineers to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Engineering Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive, planned-preventative maintenance to ensure our existing equipment is able to meet capacity demand and efficiency targets.
- Reactive maintenance to ensure minimal machine downtime.
- Identifying and delivering against opportunities to implement changes and continuous improvement projects to maximise plant efficiencies.
- Assisting with the introduction of new equipment to a market-leading production facility as part of our continued drive for innovation.
- Continuous professional development through industry specific training.
- A 12hour rotating days/nights continental shift pattern, with shifts commencing at 7:00am on the dayshift and 7:00pm on the nightshift.
What do you need?
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Experienced multi-skilled maintenance engineer;
- Ability to install and programme an invertor on a three phase induction motor
- Ability to read and fault find on an electrical system
- Fault finding on PLC’s, including the ability to change ladder logic.
- PLC’s predominantly used on site include Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi
- Good knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Good knowledge of Servo Motors
- Strong diagnostic skills and proactive in their approach
- Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant qualification
- Great communicator
- Team player with the ability to work alone when required
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Lives within a 30 mile radius of Market Drayton (TF9 3AL)
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of £37,740
- Combined Company Pension (5%)
- 33 days holiday entitlement pro-rata based on 3.5 day average working week
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Overtime payable at 150% (Public holidays at 200%)
- Exclusive employee benefits platform – Palethorpes Perkz
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!