What's the job?
Responsible for the performance of the maintenance function as measured by core metrics of safety, performance & people management.
- Deputise for Maintenance Manager in event of his absence.
- Assist in work planning for maintenance technicians with Manager
- Support Production Teams in Achieving Targets
- Be available to support and participate in 24/7 cover roster
- Closely monitor line and machine performance
- Intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs, Root cause analysis of breakdowns and implementation of corrective actions
- Ownership of 5S in Maintenance areas and workshop
- Plan items for future maintenance or Process Improvement
- Assist the Manager in developing & implementing Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Routines and Engineering Procedures.
- Liaise with maintenance craftsmen to ensure issuing, monitoring and closing off preventative maintenance requests and general performance data.
- Manage Subcontractors & Equipment Suppliers through Safe Work System
- Manage motivate and optimise the output of the maintenance team. Ensure technicians are focussed and deployed to maximum benefit.
- Assist the Manager in conducting performance reviews on maintenance team members and take appropriate remedial action in a timely manner i.e. identifying training needs / disciplinary measures where required.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, implement Training & Development Plans for maintenance team members.
- Ensure Maintenance Manager is aware of any problems on site.
- Ensure department spend is within allocated expenditure and labour budget
About the Company
Kepak is one of Ireland’s leading meat producers with 15 manufacturing plants in Ireland and the UK. Meat craft, trusted quality and excellent service are the pillars of our proud heritage. Sustainability and animal welfare keep us grounded in the presence of nature and our communities. Innovation and inspirational nutrition drive our business to develop and grow.
What do you need?
- Level 6 qualification in Engineering/relevant trade (Equivalent)
- Adequate knowledge in Primary Meat Industry and Consumer Foods Equipment and services.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Trained trainer – delivery of training to maintenance technicians
- Comprehensive knowledge of site mechanical, electrical, PLC control and refrigeration systems
- Strong diagnostic/root cause analysis skills
- PC skills
- CMMS interrogation
- Lean Green Belt