What's the job?
23,000 to 33,000 Euro
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Craftsperson for our state-of-the-art food production facility in Ballybay, Co. Monaghan. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Craftsperson will be responsible for general electrical and mechanical maintenance around the factory including the production lines, packing systems, pneumatic/hydraulic systems and the general factory facilities etc.
- Assist in Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting on the production lines
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and pa! ckaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
- Input to and carry out Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Routines
- Support Production Team in achieving targets
- Closely monitor line and machine performance
- Be available to support and participate in 24/7 cover roster
- Intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
- To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgement on whether to effect immediate repair or not
- To keep clean any areas in which y ou are working, including any transit areas to and from the workshop, including the workshop and stores
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made, and work carried out
- Troubleshooting using PLC Program
About the Company
Kepak Group is a young, professional and dynamic business that has grown into one of Europe’s leading food processing comp anies. At the core of this success has been our belief in developing strong customer relationships through a partnership approach. We pride ourselves on our dedication to innovation, brand management, consumer focus and an unwavering commitment to food safety
What do you need?
Key Competencies/ Experience:
- Trades qualification
- Mechanical/Electrical background
- Multi-skilled / cross-skilled ethos
- Comprehensive knowledge of site mechanical, electrical, PLC control and refrigeration systems
- Strong diagnostic/root cause analysis skills
- Participation as team member on Lean Project
- Downtime due to maintenance, PPM & GWR’s completed, Budget
- Reporting to Site Maintenance Manager