Working within a continuous improvement environment the Maintenance and Operational Engineering Apprentices will train and develop to fulfil multi-skilled engineering roles where the main responsibilities are the maintenance, repair and performance improvement of fully automated processes and packaging equipment.
- Broad exposure to different areas of food manufacturing mechanical and electrical maintenance and improvements
- Studying towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician - Mechatronics Apprenticeship Standard, as well as supporting training and qualifications to enable you to carry out the role of Multi-Skilled Engineer for Premier Foods (academic content delivered offsite at local training provider)
- Working hours are 08:00-16:00 for the first year
About the Company
A great British food company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Our Ashford site, also known as the home of Batchelors’ Cup-a-Soup and Paxo, is recruiting 2 Engineering Apprentices to join our Engineering Team.
What do you need?
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C/ 4-9 (or equivalent) including Science, Maths and English
- Self-managed and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Flexibility to work across multiple departments as and when required
- Good attention to detail and practical skills
- Be creative with an innovative mindset
- A high level of technical ability
- Be committed to complete the apprenticeship programme
Join us and you'll get
- Starting salary of £12,000 per year (annual incremental salary reviews subject to academic achievement)
- Sponsored professional development
- On-the-job mentor
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme