What's the job?
Would you like to know how we’re getting Magnum into the hands of a consumer ice-cold, in good shape and at the right time? Why not kick-start your career with the Logistics Operations Apprenticeship in one of our World-Class Factories?
If you’re looking to develop an exciting career in warehousing and logistics this apprenticeship is for you!
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
You will be based in our highly automated warehouse getting involved in receiving materials, dispatching stock and managing our IT systems and state of the art robots. During your apprenticeship you will complete externally accredited Fork Lift Truck operator training course that will give you the skills to operate a variety of trucks safely and efficiently.
The use of our IT systems is a critical part of the day-to-day job, and you will learn how to use these systems to an advanced level, how to monitor the output and quality of the warehouse and associated areas and take appropriate action to ensure standards are achieved.
You will be working closely with other departments on site such as: Safety, Production, Planning & Engineering and will learn the underpinning theories of supply chain and logistical planning as well as experience project work within your team.
You will develop skills to lead, influence and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Our Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations lasts two and a half years and follows the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programmes.
Completion of the programme will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to work effectively as part of a world class team in a range of warehousing & logistics roles. You will obtain the RTITB Counterbalance Lift Truck (often referred to as a forklift) Licence.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
As well as ongoing training, you’ll experience real-life business challenges with some of our best-known global brands, where your energy and unique way of thinking will have a real impact. The apprenticeship will give you the confidence and ongoing learning opportunities to set you up for success. Most of our apprentices go on to get a job or explore higher learning opportunities at Unilever.
All our apprentices receive a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), big discounts on Unilever products, a workplace pension and a personalised induction programme. In some of our workplaces, we also have a subsidised café, gym, sports clubs and social activities. You can even get free ice cream. Yum!
What do you need?
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have a driving licence (this is due to our safety regulations regarding training and certification to operate fork lift trucks).
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (A-C) or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science/ Engineering related subject.
- You are a passionate and positive individual who strives to take the lead and seek out fresh opportunities and challenges.
- You go the extra mile in order to exceed customer expectations and deliver above and beyond every time.
- Communication is key – you are expected to be confident and clear with the information you present and publish.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office especially Excel.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2019