We are recruiting for an experienced L&D Business Partner to work with the HR Manager and the leadership of the site to lead change, build skills and capability, engage and motivate staff, develop their talents and improve the potential of staff through learning and development opportunities. Carry out continuous evaluation of training requirements to look at ways to continually improve the learning and development opportunities and ensure that the needs of the site are met.
- Assist HR Manager in creating the site learning and development strategy and setting clearly defined KPIs ensuring alignment with the site strategy
- Scope, design and deliver effective development programmes and solutions for a range of colleagues across the site which incorporates core capabilities and competencies in line with L&D strategy for the site
- Lead, coach and mentor the Training team and ensure the resource is deployed across the site and adding value
- Liaise with the central organisational development team to ensure achievement of the Premier Learning and Development strategy including promotion of LinkedIn Learning
- Coach and assist managers to map out training plans for individual employees and teams as part of the talent process with the HR Manager
- Evaluate effectiveness of training, including the impact of training on business performance
- Plan, develop and provide training and staff development programmes, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences and workshops
- To deliver and facilitate a comprehensive induction process, which meets the varying needs of the whole organisation
- Manage the site training budget
- Manage apprentice programmes including recruitment, monitoring progress through regular reviews and provider compliance monitoring.
About the Company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
At Premier foods we believe in inclusion, authenticity and individuality. We aim to ensure all existing and potential colleagues are given equitable opportunities and are respected, valued and encouraged to bring their true authentic selves to work no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love or what they believe in. Our culture is one where everyone is welcome.
What do you need?
- 2+ years work experience within L&D from an FMCG environment
- Up to date with L&D trends and practices
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and influence initiatives to final conclusion
- Experience of co-ordinating L&D element of audits eg ISO18001, BRC, Ethical Audit
- Ideally level 5 Organisational Learning and Development (or equivalent)
- Ideally a member of the CIPD