What's the job?
The individual would be responsible for the execution of the Hygiene programme at the Littleborough site, ensuring compliance with safety, legal, environmental, customer & corporate requirements.
- Execution of the site sanitation programme (to include master cleaning schedules, SOPs, risk assessments etc.) to ensure Company hygiene standards are met, maintained and improved. This covers both equipment and fabric.
- Actively involved with validation and optimisation projects for cleaning systems (for fabric as well as new and existing equipment).
- Report on Hygiene KPIs and implement agreed/ assigned corrective actions to drive improved standards.
- Maintain and improve relevant documented hygiene systems.
- Actively involved with the site environmental monitoring systems, including corrective actions for non-conforming results. (Shared responsibility with site QA team).
- Actively involved with the site hygiene audit and validation programmes, including corrective actions for non-conformances.
- Manage the training, development and performance review for Hygiene team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Hygiene structure.
- Provide technical support for hygiene training for Operations teams.
- Management of Hygiene consumables as per allocated budget and company procedures.
- Actively involved with reviews with chemical/ hygiene consumable suppliers.
- Be actively involved in third-party audits.
- Assist with technical support for trouble shooting activities, projects and the investigation of customer complaints (where appropriate)/ site non-conformances to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Deputise for Hygiene Lead as appropriate.
About the Company
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
What do you need?
- Hygiene Management Qualification preferable
- Experience in Hygiene Management in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of condiment manufacturing preferable
- Knowledge of CIP systems
- Knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP including allergen management & validation programmes
- Knowledge and experience of environmental monitoring systems and listeria risk management
- People management & leadership skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
- Eye for detail and auditing skills
- Be a team player with a “hands on” approach
- Organisational and good communication skills
- PC Literate
- Ability to work well under pressure and without supervision