What's the job?
The Global Purchasing Manager is responsible for assigned categories and the development of global category strategies and programs to optimize cost, rationalize the supply base and bring value to the Corporation while mitigating risk. Includes coordinating and leading strategy execution activity. Participation in the development of goals, metrics and Procurement planning activities.
- Establishes and executes strategies for their categories globally
- Leads supplier performance management through the negotiations of procured materials and services to assure optimal TCO (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation) achieved
- Develops and implements strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk to the Corporation
- Directs the efforts of subordinates to establish and maintain reliable sources of supply and supervise the negotiation of procured materials and services
- Manages and develops personnel and recruitment activity to promote an efficient operation as well as assuring a high level of motivation and morale
- Promotes high level of customer satisfaction in supporting the needs of Divisional projects & requirements for Purchasing guidance & leadership. Engagement with senior procurement personnel to ensure category alignment with regional strategies
- Participates and leads change management efforts while creating true alignment & integration internally and externally. Acts as internal consultant
- Participates in the financial planning and forecasting process as well as provides periodic relevant market information and dynamics to internal stakeholders for all global regions
- Provides information to Regional Procurement for Level I & II Supply and Quality Issues; actively involved team participating in Level II Supply & Quality issues
About the Company
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Accounting or relevant field of study required
- At least 8 years in a Purchasing/Supply Chain environment with appropriate business experience
- At least 6 years’ experience in project management in the execution of large, multiple, or cross-functional projects
- At least 5 years’ experience managing, leading, and developing dynamic work teams
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required to guide, influence, and negotiate, global suppliers, colleagues in other areas/depts and external customers/agencies
- Deep knowledge of commodity markets
- Basic understanding of material functionality, material flow and handling to optimize supply chain effectiveness.
- Good understanding of how one's own expertise integrates with the function and basic commercial awareness.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Multiple Management Board experience