What's the job?
Working as part of the operations team in the factory, undertaking all duties as directed by their manager/supervisor. Play a key role in production, storage, cleaning, Health & Safety and all other tasks as directed by management. This role will involve working to challenging production targets. The role may also involve in working for extended periods of time in cold/chilled areas.
- Work in the production area conducting a wide variety of tasks, such as line operation, packing, cleaning, distribution etc. Lift weights of at least 16kgs, stand for 4+ hours and be able to move around the factory floor without assistance. Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold environment.
- Be familiar with the daily production plan and work as part of the team to set up the line, complete checks and ensuring materials are ready to use. Perform all pre start, hygiene and safety checks as directed.
- Report all breakages, damages or d! efaults of equipment to the Line Supervisor, ensuring all machinery is only used when it is safe to use. Record checks as and when directed.
- Ensure that the product is of the highest standard and report any issues to the Line supervisor immediately.
- Co-operate with all company training, asking questions and ensuring they feel satisfied in relation to all aspects of the area and role they are working in.
- Reporting any accidents or near misses is expected and assistance with any investigation is a prerequisite of the Company’s safety policy.
- Participate fully in Lean Manufacturing processes and embrace new methods of working.
- Other duties will be part of the role from time to time – this will be specified by your direct line Supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- KPI’s are dependent on area working in, all employees are expected to be aware of the KPI’s for the area they are in and work towards them accordingly.
- All employees must comply with all safety policies and procedure. Manual handling is a key part of the site and all employees must use correct lifting techniques.
- Health & Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Employees must act in a responsible manner following all safety regulations; safe work practices, SOP’s, TBRA’s and never risking one’s own safety. Employees must ensure PPE is worn at all times and to advise those not complying with the PPE policies to comply.
About the Company
Kepak is one of Ireland’s leading meat producers with 15 manufacturing plants in Ireland and the UK. Meat craft, trusted quality and excellent service are the pillars of our proud heritage. Sustainability and animal welfare keep us grounded in the presence of nature and our communities. Innovation and inspirational nutrition drive our business to develop and grow.
What do you need?
- Previous production experience highly beneficial
- Previous experience wor king in a manufacturing environment highly beneficial
- This role may involve standing for 4+ hours at one time, significant walking on each shift and lifting weights of at least 16kgs on a regular basis. This role may also involve working in a cold environment (4 degrees or lower) for extended periods of time.
- Each employee must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
- Each candidate must be of good character. Employment of the successful candidate shall be subject to satisfactory confidential reports.
- Team Player
- A 'can do' 'will do' attitude
- Health and safety conscious and aware of all policies at all times
- Ability to take instruction but also abili ty to qoek on own initiative
- Willing to learn the job and to amke practical suggestions on the improvement of the job to your Line Supervisor
- Able to understand and communicate clearly with colleaggues and supervisors. Able to read and understand all Kepak policies