What's the job?
Finance Rotational Programme - Commencing September 2020
Assessment centres will be held in St Albans, early 2020. Exact dates to be confirmed.
The Finance function operates within our business units – UK and International – as well as at Group level, in Head Office and our Shared Service Centre in Manchester. It is focused on providing insightful information to enable informed, timely and agile decision making across the business and to maintain strong financial control across the Group.
What will I be doing?
You will gain broad exposure to the different faces of Finance, across a number of roles both at head office and also PBS, our Shared Service Centre in Manchester. They will include business partnering across sales, marketing and procurement, providing financial support by analysing performance and areas for improvement and accounting at Group Finance level and gaining exposure to Executive level management.
As we are both ACCA and CIMA accredited partners, we will fund your CIMA/ACCA studies, provide support and study leave and help you to create a personal development plan to give you a head start in your career.
About the Company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
What do you need?
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- 3 A Levels
- Degree qualified (Finance / Accounting, Economics, Maths, Engineering preferred but not essential) 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- An understanding of the UK FMCG/Retail sectors
- Clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment or work experience/placement
- Experience of working within a Finance Department is desirable
- Analytical and highly numerate - extremely detail conscious
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving licence
- Your base will be St Albans AL1 2RE and you will need to be prepared to relocate here: you may be required to spend time in other locations with overnight stays which maybe ad hoc evenings or longer periods during your monthly placements
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Strong Communicator both oral and written
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
- Prepared to undertake professional study over a three-year period to gain a CIMA or ACCA qualification (fully funded by us)
Join us and you'll get
- £28k and attractive benefits package including: 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts.
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- Sponsored professional development
- A Business Mentor
- More than 10 days of off-job development workshops covering such topics as communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are sociable and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners and sales conferences.