Join ABP as an Environmental Officer Apprentice and embark on a 5-year programme where you`ll be provided with an opportunity to learn how to promote sustainable growth while maintaining responsibilities to our environment. As an Apprentice Environmental Officer, you will take actions to reduce environmental impact, use fewer resources, and produce less waste. Developing a high level of knowledge and understanding of environmental principles and techniques, you'll apply this knowledge to complex environmental systems. The role involves both office and field-based activities, and you'll be responsible for leading projects or playing a key role in larger programs.
Working in partnership with our chosen university training provider, your programme will be delivered over a number of block-learning sessions, giving you the opportunity to gain a wealth of industry knowledge, working with industry professionals which you`ll then embed into your role within ABP - A fantastic opportunity to help shape the business for the future.
Please note: For this role, there will be an element of travel around a number of our southern sites. Therefore, we would advise candidates to consider this before applying as access to own transport is required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, you have lots of opportunity to apply your new learning. Overtime, you will be responsible for safely collecting samples and monitoring data using various techniques. Additionally, you will operate and manage a physicochemical wastewater treatment plant, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. Engaging with regulators, you'll submit environmental reports and risk assessments. Building relationships internally and externally, you'll provide guidance and present work to stakeholders. Your responsibilities also include managing your own work with a high level of organisation, responding positively to complex situations, and operating effectively as part of the site team, ensuring good communication and shared responsibilities.
About the Company
Apply today with your current CV and a covering letter and join us on this journey and shape your future with ABP UK!
What do you need?
- Keen interest in practical, hands-on activities.
- Drive and determination to excel in a challenging apprenticeship.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Friendly, positive, and hardworking approach.
- Problem-solving approach and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm for technology and customer support.
- Reliability and flexibility, including working various shifts.
- Punctuality and consistent attendance are a crucial requirement for this role.
- A-Level in Science and Geography (minimum grade C) or equivalent Level 3 qualifications. Alternatively, BTEC Extended Diploma with grades MMM or BTEC Diploma with grades DD.
- A minimum of GCSE in English (Grade 4/C) and Maths (Grade 5/B) or above.
- Must be over 18 years of age by September 2024.
- Basic knowledge or interest in science and the environment, be comfortable working outdoor and be curious and open to challenges.
- Possess a positive attitude, pro-active approach, and commitment to protect and enhance the environment.
Please note: The location of the training facility in Keele University in North Staffordshire. Your block releases will consist of attending the university campus throughout the year for a week. Accommodation and expenses are provided at no cost.
Join us and you'll get
This apprenticeship offers a gateway to a rewarding engineering career at ABP. Upon completion, you'll be equipped with extensive experience and qualifications, opening doors to various roles within the business. With over 18 sites across the UK and Northern Ireland, opportunities may arise for development and grown within the business.