What's the Job?
YOU’LL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT MATTER BY COMPLETING…
A four- year academic and on the job apprenticeship to achieve the Food and Drink Multi-skilled Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship level 3. This apprenticeship also consists of:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Maintenance Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical)
- BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Award in Food Safety level 3, and Principles of HACCP based Food Safety level 2
- Included in the 4 years is residential engineering training at college, 20 weeks in year 1, 16 weeks in the second year, and 10 weeks in the third year. The fourth year is spent consolidating learning and preparing for the End Point Assessment
- Access at our affiliated college to the latest technology in a purpose-built training facility equipped with the very latest machinery, dairy technology and software control systems
- Potential to study to a higher level e.g. HNC or Degree on successful completion
About the Company
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle; we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Saputo has been operating in the United Kingdom since 2019, carrying on the rich heritage and expertise we welcomed through our acquisition of Dairy Crest. We are the largest manufacturer of branded cheese and a top manufacturer of dairy spreads in the country. Our diversified portfolio of tasty and sustainable products includes cheese, butter, spreads, oils, and dairy-free alternatives sold under leading British brands, such as Cathedral City, Clover, Country Life, Frylight and Vitalite. We also produce value-added ingredients for use in infant formula. Every day, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise.
What do you need?
To be the ideal trainee, you should be:
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn
- Keen interest in engineering and the food industry
- Be prepared to commit to a four and half year period of study, assessment and hard work
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Open to change and new ways of working and thinking.
You must have:
- This apprenticeship is a level 3 qualification so you will need to demonstrate a good general level of education a minimum of three GCSE and at least a grade 6 (B) in Maths and grade 5 (C) in English Language
- An A level or equivalent in maths or science related subject is highly desirable
Overall you must be prepared to commit to the period of study and a lot of hard work!
Join us and you'll get
WE SUPPORT AND CARE FOR OUR APPRENTICES BY PROVIDING YOU WITH…
- A starting salary of £17,250 per annum
- No tuition fees or student loans to payback after graduation
- A laptop during the apprenticeship
- Paid accommodation and food when at college
- An on-site mentor as well as graduated apprentices to support you
- Integrated technical study and work based learning
- On completion of your apprenticeship you will qualify for membership to the Institute of Technical Engineers
Starts August 2021 at site and September 2021 at college