About the company
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
McCormick entered the Polish market in 2011 with the acquisition of the Kamis business in Stefanowo. The company currently employs more than 900 people in Poland, this role will be based at our European Shared Services in Lodz. McCormick set up it's EMEA Shared Service centre in Lodz in 2014, currently employing more than 160 people.
What's the job?
This position is an engineering resource on shift offering Electrical and Mechanical expertise maintenance and repair of plant and equipment. Improves plant efficiency through continuous improvement processes, communicates effectively with the team on issues and recommendations where necessary.
- Direct Engineering resource to ensure that preventative maintenance schedules and systems are 100% completed in line with system timeframes, whilst continually reviewing their effectiveness.
- To execute planned maintenance activities with the, taking into account production plans and labour availability.
- To ensure that plant changeovers are carried out promptly, with measured efficiency. To ensure that parts are available and are in good working order always.
- To respond swiftly and effectively to breakdown and emergency situations, making effective use of all resource.
- Direct Engineering resource in the event of equipment failure. Work and advise counterparts within operations on recommendations in resolution of failure scenarios, verbally.
- Contractor Control – ensure appropriate Risk assessment, LOTO Procedures, Permit procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that PPM schedules and works orders are completed within agreed time frames, ensuring breakdowns are closed out (where necessary), with PPM pro-forma advising on parts required.
- Ensure the safe working of engineering function (particularly in areas of isolation and safe entry) using existing ‘in house’ documentation.
- To ensure all Quality Management Systems are adhered to and properly documented.
What do you need?
- Education in engineering discipline, minimum HNC mechanical/electrical.
- Certified in electrical engineering qualification, with secondary skills/knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting
- Working experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills, continuous learning,
- Solid grounding in food handling safe practices with an awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH
- Good team player, with the ability to highlight continuous improvement opportunities and work on your own initiative
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets)
- Good written and verbal communication skills – ability to deal with both suppliers and internal customers
- Able to interpret schematic diagrams and machine drawings
- Logical thinker and problem solver with the ability to trouble shout and fault find on production facility
How to apply
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Or you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.