What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading 'Chilled Savoury Pastry' food manufacturer, are currently looking for several Despatch Operatives to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Logistics Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble product accurately and safely for onward shipment to our customers, using handheld mobile wear guns.
- Loading of vehicles and correctly and safely for onward shipment to customer
- Assist in the unloading of vehicles
- Assembly of orders in packaging
- Assist in stock taking
- Will be working in chillers and freezers
The shifts available for these positions are:
- 4 x vacancies - 4on 4off Days - 07:00hrs to 19:00hrs
- 2 x vacancies - 4on 4off Nights - 19:00hrs to 07:00hrs
What do you need?
The successful candidates for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- High level of numeracy
- Ability to work on their own
- Good communication skills
- A person who is very safety conscious
- Fork lift, Reach Truck or Powered Pallet Truck license
- Previous experience of fast paced warehouse operations
- Used to using hand held terminals.
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of between ?9.95 and ?11.66 per hour (dependent on day or night shift)
- 8% Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Overtime payable at 150% (Public holidays at 300%)
- Exclusive employee benefit platform
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
About the company
So who are we? If you haven't heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for 50 years, a milestone we celebrated with the local community in September 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery's success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of ?2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef's, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the 'apply now' link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!