What's the job?
Commercial (Marketing and Sales) Rotational Programme - Commencing September 2020
Assessment centres will be held in St Albans, early 2020. Exact dates to be confirmed.
Our sales teams work every day to deliver profitable, and sustainable growth, across each of the categories we operate in. We understand both the needs of consumers and our current customer base, aiming to meet their needs in terms of range, value, new products and ease of purchase. We build true partnerships, whether that be in launching new product ranges, consulting on in-store execution, negotiating range reviews or by providing annual business plans.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be a valuable part of our commercial function, working in a truly fast-paced and innovative environment. Joining a fast-track development programme with the drive and passion to make a difference to our business, you’ll be developing your potential to become one of our future leaders.
Combining placements in both Sales and Marketing you could be supporting a key account manager on new sales opportunities, developing insight led, consumer centric brand development projects or helping to implement the in-year marketing plan.
About the Company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
Our heritage brands have special places in the lives of our consumers, and our Marketing and R&D teams add to this every day, from our St Albans head office and sites at Carlton and Worksop. We build brands that consumers love most for modern life - we do it with passion and a truly insights and innovation led approach that ensures they continually evolve.
Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
What do you need?
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- 3 A Levels
- Degree qualified-ideally a Business related degree– 2:1 minimum achieved (or expected)
- An understanding of the UK FMCG / Retail sectors
- Relevant work experience and clear career aspirations demonstrated through employment / placement opportunities
- High degree of commercial awareness and analytical thinker
- Personal qualities in line with our values
- The right to work in the UK and English speaking
- UK driving licence – during the field sales role you will be expected to spend a significant time driving, thereafter your base will be St Albans AL1 2RE and you will need to be prepared to relocate here: you may be required to spend time in other locations with overnight stays for ad hoc evenings or longer periods during your placements
- Experience of leadership roles across sports, hobbies or other interests
- Exposure to diversity e.g. community or charity work, travel and gap year experiences
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite
Join us and you'll get
- £28k and attractive benefits package including: 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts.
- A real community of like-minded fellow graduates
- Sponsored professional development
- A Business Mentor
- More than 10 days of off-job development workshops covering such topics as communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Invitations to social events and executive networking opportunities. Our graduates are sociable and enjoy informal dinners and drinks and have the opportunity to attend more formal events such as charity dinners and sales conferences.