What's the job?
Responsible for sales of the company’s products to all end-users in the region via the distributor network. You will be required to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with both distributors and independent customers.
An important aspect of this role will be scoping out the sales opportunity within the territory in line with Kepak strategic pillars, delivering tangible results and developing this business into a long-term sustainable model. This will require both an entrepreneurial and a structured approach in conjunction with the local distributor partners.The Business Development Executive will need to be able to prioritise their time in an effective & efficient manner, to achieve the growth targets and maximise the return on investment for the business.
- To achieve agreed case sales and revenue targets within your region for distributors and independent customers.
- To develop and successfully implement joint business pla ns for end-users and distributors.
- To utilize the distributor sales team to ensure all opportunities are maximized.
- To agree and execute promotional plans for end users and distributors.
- To achieve customer recruitment/ engagement targets relating to the Kepak loyalty programme for your area
- To develop strong business relationships across your region
- To utilize all analytical tools, menu systems and marketing support in order to deliver the business objectives.
- To ensure all end users requests are dealt with in an efficient manner e.g. promotional support, sales orders.
- To gather required sales information on a daily basis.
- To demonstrate all products to end users exhibiting all the features and benefits.
- To work closely with the food service team to ensure all planned marketing and NPD activities are executed to the highest standard.
- To gather and feedback marketing intelligence in liaison with the marketing team.
- To identify key customer targets and develop a robust engagement plan to deliver.
- To develop strong business relationships across your region.
About the Company
The Independent Fast food Outlet (IFO) Channel is a key development area for Kepak Foods Division. The IFO Business Development Executive – Northern Ireland position will be critical in delivering this growth.
Kepak is one of Ireland’s leading meat producers with 15 manufacturing plants in Ireland and the UK.
What do you need?
- A passionate and committed individual with a strong drive for results.
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment is essential.
- The willingness to be flexible nature of the Market place.
- Ability to build open and honest relationships with people on all levels of the business
- Self-Initiative: Having the ability to manage their own territory with a keen focus on the company goals and linking this to daily & weekly activities.
- A good commercial understanding of the business and market. Having the ability to make decisions that will benefit the business
- An ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with key end users and distributors in order to drive sales for KFD.
- An ability to influence the key decision makers within an organisation.
- Good communication skills that will keep all parties informed as well as managing expectations - both internally and externally.
Experience & competencies required
- Experience within foodservice sector is desirable
- 1 – 2 years full-time Field sales experience desirable
- Computer literate
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Determination to achieve and willingness to contin ually learn
- Problem solving
- Commercial acumen.