Working within a continuous improvement environment the Multi-Skilled Engineers/Technicians are responsible for the maintenance, repair and performance improvement of fully automated process and packaging equipment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Broad exposure to different areas of food manufacturing mechanical and electrical maintenance and improvements
- Studying towards either the Level 3 Food & Drink Engineering Maintenance Standard as well as supporting training and qualifications to enable you to carry out the role of Multi-Skilled Engineer for Premier Foods (academic content delivered offsite and includes residential block release)
- Typically, 07:00-15:00 or 08:00-16:00 for the first year when working onsite
About the Company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
At Premier foods we believe in inclusion, authenticity and individuality. We aim to ensure all existing and potential colleagues are given equitable opportunities and are respected, valued and encouraged to bring their true authentic selves to work no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love or what they believe in. Our culture is one where everyone is welcome.
What do you need?
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English at grade B (or equivalent) and Science at grade C (or equivalent). IT also being a preferred pass (A-C) subject
- Self-managed & self-motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Flexibility to work across multiple departments as and when required
- Good attention to detail
- A high level of technical ability
Join us and you'll get
- Starting salary of c. £20,000 per year
- Sponsored professional development
- On-the-job mentor
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts
- Employee assistance programme