What's the job?
An exciting opportunity for a talented Account Executive to join our busy Commercial Team.
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual to help drive the growth of our existing European sales, as well as targeting the development of new customers within new markets across various product categories. As a European commercial executive, you will be the driving force behind a newly created area within the Barfoots commercial team focusing on European business development. You will be responsible for driving and optimizing business collaboration within agreed strategic guidelines via the implementation of the agreed business plans.
- Proactively manage new and existing customer engagements, developing growth strategy
- Manage existing and future sales by assisting in the development business plans
- Align customer requirements with Barfoots business objectives
- Understand market dynamics and requirements
- Identify and analyse market and business opportunities
- Observe competitive activities of all major competitors
- Actively visit customers both UK and European based to promote products and solutions
- Engage in the selling process, communicate strategies and product messaging
- Order processing
- Support the process of negotiation and business development opportunities
- Support the process of negotiating customer contracts
- Provide timely and accurate information to contribute to S&OP planning
About the Company
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops.
Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce.
Supplying our premium produce to some of the UK’s leading retailers and restaurants, we are very proud of what we do and how we do it. With our impressive green credentials, we truly are committed to sustainability, demonstrating continued investment in the latest technologies to help maintain our carbon neutral footprint.
What do you need?
- Fresh Produce/FMCG experience (preferred)
- Commercial awareness
- Proactive approach
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management
- Experience in produce / FMCG environment
- Ability to project / priority manage
- Analytical capability
- High level of numeracy
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship building
- Excellent communication skills (oral / written)
- Confident presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
Join us and you'll get
- Investors in People Silver Award
- Company pension scheme
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Approved centre for Highfield qualifications
- Free on-site parking
- Committed to sustainability