About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for 50 years.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
- 4 on 4 off A shift nights 18:00 – 06:00
We are currently recruiting for a Service Operative / Relief Robot Operative to join us on a permanent contract at Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following;
- To service the Robotic lines in a timely manner with the correct secondary packaging
- Completion of required paperwork on line
- Support the line co-ordinator, in completing effective set up and changeovers
- Verify all stock has been booked out correctly and accurately in Lawson
- Use portable scanning equipment, write M&S product to RFID
- Collect first pack from each run and present to pack check
- Remove completed pallets from line, and place correctly within Despatch
- CAYG/GMP standards are maintained and raised
- Cover Relief Line Co-ordinator during holidays/absence
What do you need?
- Strong computer skills an advantage, in particular Lawson
- Knowledge of Low risk is an advantage
- Strong administration skills
- Flexible, motivated and enthusiastic
- Organized, and a good communicator
- Literate and numerate
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- Pay rate of £8.04 per hour + a 30% shift allowance
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement per annum (including bank holidays and public holidays)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!