About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for nearly 50 years, a milestone we are looking forward to celebrating with the local community in 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this
vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking to recruit a Service Operative to work within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity.
Shift: 4 on 4 off A Shift Nights
Hours: 18.00pm – 06.00am
What will you be doing?
- To service the lines timely, with the correct packaging & Y trays.
- Completion of all paperwork that’s required
- Supporting the line Co-coordinator, in completing effective changeovers
- Verify all stock has been counted and verified
- Clean As You Go/Good Manufacturing Practice standards are maintained and raised
- Collate and ensure correct storage on all primary packaging.
- Ensure de-canting is completed in a timely manner.
- Completing other duties as requested by a Group leader or similar.
- Ensure all data relating to rejects is collated, and rejects disposed of correctly.
What do you need?
- Knowledge of High risk is an advantage but not essential
- Flexible, motivated and enthusiastic
- Organised, and a good communicator
- Literate and numerate
- Good attendance record
- A Pay rate of £8.04 per hour plus 30% Day Shift Allowance which equates to an annual salary of £20,924.80
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays and public holidays)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does