About the company
As part of the William Jackson Food Group, a family owned business; Aunt Bessie’s is a company with strong values and the desire to balance short and long term growth whilst being the market leader in Frozen Yorkshire Puddings and having a strong portfolio of frozen accompaniments, meal centres, vegetables and desserts. Being synonymous with the traditional taste and values of home-cooked food, Aunt Bessie’s provides a helping hand in the kitchen and is committed to building a business to be proud of.
This role is based in Hull and is commutable from the surrounding areas including York, Leeds, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, and East Yorkshire.
What's the job?
Senior Production Planner, Hull, a fantastic opportunity to join our brilliant team at a time of growing success and take on a new challenge within this integral role.
You will be responsible for all site production planning and raw materials scheduling and ensure that the business delivers customer service targets. You will maintain efficient plans to ensure zero shortages and achieve key performance indicators.
Working closely with the Senior Demand Analyst, you will manage and motivate members of your team and be the key link between the Supply Chain and Operations teams to ensure cohesive communication and maximise efficiency.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure accurate forecasts are received and challenged where appropriate and maintain the integrity of system data
- Attend NPD meetings to ensure new products are being considered in the planning process
- Share forecasts and hold regular reviews with suppliers and work with them to resolve issues with materials availability and discuss vendor rating scores to detail improvement plans where necessary
- Maintain daily communication with both Customer Services and Account Managers highlighting any potential service issues in the short and medium term
- Utilise site labour with regular reviews where appropriate
- Undertake monthly capacity and labour analysis to highlight potential medium to long term constraints and suggest appropriate action
- Understand material supply constraints and instigate appropriate action to highlight and minimise the impact on service
- Monitoring raw material and packaging stock at risk, sourcing potential solutions to minimise stock write off in line with budgeted targets
- Work closely with Operations to create and manage a weekly planning dashboard showing labour and line utilisation, and reasons for changeovers
What do you need?
You will have a strong balance of manufacturing understanding alongside strategic planning within FMCG supply chain. You will ideally have knowledge of MRP/ERP systems from a planning or scheduling role within a similar environment.
You will be a confident communicator with an ability to influence and build relationships at all levels while being positive and personable at all times. You will have good business knowledge and understanding with an analytical mind to inform positive and practical decisions in this fast moving environment. You will also have excellent written communication skills with high level numerical ability.