About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices for key UK retailers.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for nearly 50 years, a milestone we celebrated with the local community in September 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This was the first use of this technique in the market and enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Technical Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities as set out below.
Managing a team of eight QAs and 2 Lead QA’s, you will report directly to the Technical Manager, focussing heavily on our operational delivery. You will be responsible for ensuring not only the quality of the finished product but the production process, factory environment, adhering to GMP standards and enforcing the site’s food safety and hygiene policies. You will manage our adherence to customer specifications, legislation and business requirements and ensure achievement against external and internal audits relating to QA matters. You will also manage all elements of the customer complaint process.
In your people management capacity you will ensure that your team are adequately equipped with the right knowledge, skills and attitude to meet the demands of the business. You will also be accountable for the effective performance management of the team and will deliver this via informal and formal channels including;
- Annual Performance Development Review
- Coaching and Guidance
- Open and engaging managerial style
- Empowerment of direct reports
- Well-being of the team
What do you need?
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Experienced Quality Assurance Manager with demonstrable track record, within an FMCG food manufacturing environment
- Experienced People Manager
- Educated to at least a level 3 in a relevant Food, Hygiene or Quality qualification
- HACCP/COSHH qualifications
- GMP Standards
- IT literate particularly in respect of Microsoft Office applications
- Awareness of food legislation and health and safety
- Great communicator
- Educated to at least a level 3 in a relevant People Management qualification
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant Food or Quality Assurance qualification
- Lives within a 30 mile radius of Market Drayton (TF9 3AL)
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 dependent on experience
- Company Pension – 5%
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!