What's the job?
The quality and technical function within ABP ensures that our products are safe, legally compliant and meet with our customer quality requirements. We lead the industry with our technical programmes providing the commercial teams with the best possible platform to develop business with a wide range of customers. Our graduate programme will provide individuals with a thorough understanding of all technical aspects of our business from abattoir to finished product.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant team in an all-encompassing training programme!
What will you be doing?
Your ultimate goal will be to progress towards becoming a Technical manager at one of our sites in the UK. From day one, you’ll get real responsibility and the opportunity to work alongside senior management teams. Your journey will take in everything from understanding Animal Welfare to ensuring that all relevant technical legislation, ABP protocols and customer policies are communicated effectively throughout the business and that systems are put in place to monitor and review compliance.
BY the end of the training programme, you’ll be equipped to champion quality and technical throughout the business.
What do you need?
We’re looking for food science, or related graduates that are:
- Passionate about working in the food industry
- Have an appreciation for the complexities that come with a career in the red meat industry
- Analytical in their approach
- Great communicators with an ability to influence others
- Keen on detail
- Highly computer literate
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Role Success Factors
- Safety First - Shows safety awareness and will take a step back to consider the safety aspect before ‘diving in’ to complete the task.
- Try. Try. Try. - Resilience. Never gives up. Always finds a way.
- Just Do It - Effective Execution. Makes things happen. Gets things right first time.
- Communication - Works with all people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting their language and communication style where required. Good verbal and written English.
- Bigger Picture - Understands the customer and is always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders. Knows what great service is.
- Team Player - Works & interacts with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of personal goals.
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hrs per week
with flexibility to meet the needs of the training programme
£20,000 pa plus an attractive £4,000
accommodation fund each year of programme
LENGTH OF PROGRAMME:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
29th May 2017
How to apply
Please send a full CV with a covering letter to Mandy Thompson People Change Talent Manager at ABP UK, 6290 Bishops Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park. Birmingham. B37 7YB
Or by email: email@example.com