About the company
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
Based in Hull, the role is commutable from the surrounding areas of East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire, Grimsby, York and Leeds.
What's the job?
Planner, Hull, in this critical full time and fast-paced role you will ensure our factory production is organised and planned to meet customer service requirements while maximising efficiency and making best use of capacity. You will need to have excellent analytical skills and also be able to spot things that don’t make sense.
What will you be doing?
You will implement and maintain the factory schedule and be the driver of continuous improvement of management systems as well as the following:
- Planning and scheduling of all bakery production plants to achieve delivery deadlines.
- Control production to minimise wastage and downtime.
- Give guidance to the distribution team in the event of problems with delivery times.
- Ensure stock is verified before being allocated to Distribution and investigate any variances to ensure all product is accounted for.
- Input sales orders as required.
- Talk to managers and supervisors to ensure that plant schedules deliver products in time for despatch deadlines.
- Talk to the sales team to ensure that all expected orders have been received and all documentation is in order.
What do you need?
You will have exceptional attention to detail and be a confident communicator, as this role requires you to talk to a number of key people at all levels. You will be highly numerate with an analytical approach to problem solving and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. You will understand the importance of accuracy in the input of data and will be computer literate and ideally you may have experience of using ERP systems.
Ideally you will have previous planning experience within an FMCG environment or may have worked within a planning, scheduling or distribution capacity.