About the company
MyFresh is part of the William Jackson Food Group, and supply varieties of leafy and baby leaf salad, sliced product including tomatoes and cucumbers, and vegetable ingredients including freshly prepared onions and carrots, to some of the leading names in Local Retail, Foodservice, and Food Manufacturing. All products are washed, ready to eat, and packaged in a variety of bag and tray sizes. MyFresh has sites in Wigan and Chicksands.
What's the job?
Looking for a new challenge within Engineering? MyFresh has a new vacancy for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team in Wigan. Working within the team you will be there to ensure that production equipment is continuously available and in good working order.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leaders you will facilitate the completion of PPM tasks, and documenting changes to wiring, mechanical assemblies, procedures, and any other engineering related issues. You will also assist in engineering projects and work to achieve team objectives.
What will you be doing?
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Provide effective and efficient support to the manufacturing function to achieve maximum production efficiency levels with the minimum of machine downtime.
- Professionally carry out fault finding analysis, identify root causes of plant or equipment breakdowns, and resolve the problem.
- Maintain asset care history logs for all major plant and equipment to assist in breakdown problem solving analysis and preventative maintenance programme.
- Provide effective call out cover (on a rota basis) in the case of maintenance or cleaning emergencies.
- Ensure all health and safety and other business guidelines are followed, and the best interests of the Company are maintained at all times.
What do you need?
Ideally you will be proactive, with excellent communication, and time management skills. You will also have exceptional attention to detail and be able to deliver consistent accurate data. Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and being able to demonstrate their effectiveness will also be beneficial for this position alongside health and safety qualifications.
This position works on a continental shift pattern working 3 on 3 off, 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm days / 7pm-7am nights).