About the company
Abel & Cole has been delivering boxes of food to people’s home since 1988, which is a pretty long time in the world of food delivery and we currently deliver to around 60,000 homes a week. Everyone who is part of Able & Cole, from our farmers and makers to our customers and the 600 or so people, who work here, care about fantastic food that is good for us and the world around us. We are uplifting, alternative and bold and we love doing good stuff. We operate across 10 sites in the UK, with our bases in south London and Andover.
What's the job?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Multi Drop Home Delivery Driver, joining an award winning team that takes pride in delivering top quality, organic produce direct to the customer’s door. As a Multi Drop Home Delivery Driver, you’ll have the chance to add value to our existing driving team, all the while ensuring that our customers receive a service which is second to none. We offer training and support to help you develop in your role and there are often opportunities for progression within the company.
- Ensure that customer deliveries take place in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
- Exceed customer expectations by giving an exemplary and personalised service
- Ensure you reflect our values and principles, acting as an ambassador of Abel & Cole
- Drive safely and courteously at all times
- Maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance, wearing uniform to an acceptable standard
- Perform any other duties suitable to position as required
What do you need?
- The ability to start work early in the morning, from 4.30am (there’s no weekend work!)
- Full European category “B” driving license.
- Professional driving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills relating to colleagues, customers and the public
- Experience in customer service
- Experience making multi drop deliveries
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills at driver level.
- Basic IT skills
- An interest in Organics and a proactive attitude towards the care of our environment
You may be located near Andover, Winchester, Basingstoke, Salisbury, Amesbury, Southampton, Marlborough, in the counties of Wiltshire, Berkshire or Hampshire.
- Potential earnings in excess of £23k per annum
- Full comprehensive training
- Free organic fruit and veg box every week
- 35% discount (20% on alcohol)
- Full uniform
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Personal use of company mobile phone at very competitive rates… as well as other company benefits