What's the job?
Manufacturing Shift Manager, Hull, working for Aunt Bessies in this busy food manufacturing site you will be responsible for delivering key performance goals whilst maintaining standards in Health and Safety and ensuring compliance with our specifications ensuring legal, food safety and product quality standards are met at all times
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will work across a number of shifts to ensure that we are compliant with the product quality standards, through carrying out risk assessments, audits and factory walk rounds you will ensure that the products meet customer specifications. Daily reporting on the kpis and demonstrating effective corrective action plans, ensuring all training and development of our colleagues is up to date, you will ensure shift briefings and communication channels are effective and being visible on the factory floor will enable you to gain insight into continuous improvement opportunities.
What do you need?
- You will need to have excellent management skills and be used to working in an operational busy manufacturing environment
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of maintaining a safe working environment, understanding Health and Safety issues, and ideally food safety
- Ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions
- Good organisational skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Awareness of production requirements and risk assessment
You may have been a shift team leader, shift manager, production team leader, area leader, zone manager and be based within a commutable distance of Hull, travelling for Doncaster, Sheffield, Grimsby, York, in Yorkshire or East Riding.