About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for nearly 50 years, a milestone we are looking forward to celebrating with the local community in 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking to recruit a Line Coordinator to work within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity.
Shift: 4 on 4 off B Shift Days
Hours: 06.00am – 18.00pm
What will you be doing?
- Carry out safety check on line before start up
- Ensure line is set to correct standard
- Carry out all relevant paperwork
- Ensure all weights are running to standard
- Work with other team members to ensure correct standards are being achieved
- Liaise with section leader to report any issues and confirm line running order
- Carry out good manufacturing practices
What do you need?
- Likes to produce high standard of work
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment
- Willing to learn
- Good communicator
- Flexible and reliable
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A Pay rate of £8.42 per hour plus 15% Day Shift Allowance which equates to an annual salary of £19,385.08
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays and public holidays)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!