About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for 50 years, a milestone we celebrated with the local community in September 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for a newly qualified Junior Development Chef to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Development Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to, developing products and recipes as part of our continuous innovation agenda with our four key customers, M&S, JS Sainsbury, Asda and Aldi.
What do you need?
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Forward thinking and passionate Chef looking for their first role within Food Manufacturing
- Educated to at least a City & Guilds level 3 or NVQ level 3 in a relevant Chef skilled qualification
- Basic Food Hygiene certificates
- Competent in IT applications (Excel, Word)
- Great communicator and comfortable with presenting
- Team player with the ability to work alone when required
- Lives within a 30 mile radius of Market Drayton (TF9 3AL)
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Competent in food retailer spreadsheets (Hive, evolve, etc.)
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of between £18,000 and £20,000
- Company Pension
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!