About the company
William Jackson Food Group (WJFG) was founded by William Jackson, the current chairman’s great great grandfather, in Hull in 1851. He started with a shop, which led to many more shops and bakery, and while the Bakery is still going strong, the business has changed dramatically since those early days.
In addition to Jackson’s Bakery, WJFG also owns Aunt Bessies’s (famous for Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, chips, veg and desserts), Abel & Cole (organic food delivery), The Food Doctor (healthy snacking), MyFresh (fresh prepared salad and vegetables), a fab local pub called the Ferguson Fawsitt in Walkington, East Yorkshire
WJFG employs more than 2,000 people nationwide, and we’re always looking for really talented people who enjoy life, love their work and want to be part of something exciting.
We look after our people, respect them and appreciate their role in the business’s success. We encourage people to get the most out of their career with us, helping them to progress either in one business or across our other businesses.
We’re also keen to look after people in our communities too – we say a community should be a better place for having one of our businesses in it and engage wherever possible with volunteering and financial support for good causes.
What's the job?
IT Support Technician, Hull, you will be responsible for provide 1st/2nd line support to around 50 colleagues based in our head office in a primarily Microsoft Windows and Office environment. Reporting to the IT Systems Administrator, you will take responsibility for projects relating to the desktop estate, mobile devices, managed print services. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company comprised of much loved food brands and food service businesses. The role offers the opportunity to get involved with digital transformation projects including the rollout of Windows 10, Office 365 and cloud services across the Group.
What will you be doing?
- You will assist with Active Directory administration and looking after our Windows Server/VMWare environment.
- Provide 1st & 2nd line technical support to colleagues face-to-face, and via email and phone; act as primary contact for all hardware, software and other IT-related issues.
- Deliver technical assistance and informal training to colleagues in the use of Microsoft Office and other common applications; suggest ways to improve processes.
- Help users to work more efficiently by sharing knowledge, tips and tricks; create user-friendly documentation, tip sheets and training material.
- Build, install and configure PCs and mobile devices, including both new equipment and redeployment of existing hardware.
- Maintain existing PCs and peripherals by performing upgrades and other routine procedures; escalate hardware faults and manage returns to third-party companies.
- Manage networked printers, keeping service outages to an absolute minimum; escalate work to third parties in accordance with existing maintenance agreements
- Assist in the research and procurement process for new office PCs, peripherals and other equipment in response to the needs of the business.
- Maintain asset inventory of hardware and software.
- Assist the IT Systems Administrator with user, server and network administration tasks as required.
What do you need?
Genuine passion for technology and its practical application; keen to learn combined with a real desire to share knowledge and help others out is really key with this role, and also:
- Experience of desktop support in a commercial or managed service desk role
- Great user-level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Windows 7-10 setup and administration in an Active Directory environment
- Experience of desktop hardware and mobile client device troubleshooting
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills, backed with a high standard of written and verbal communication.
Ideally you will have had exposure to any of the following, Active Directory administration, Group Policy and PowerShell, Office 365 (Exchange Online, Skype for Business and OneDrive), Windows Server administration, Exchange Server administration, Virtualisation using VMWare and networked storage, Basic layer 2 networking / Cisco IOS configuration.