What's the job?
The ABP UK IT Team provides all Information Technology services within ABP and ensures that IT Services are secure, highly available, perform to a high level and meet with the business quality requirements. We cover all aspects of IT from service desk, support and operations through to IT architectural design and project delivery. We follow industry leading methodologies such as Prince2, ITIL v3 and TOGAF and work hard to deliver the IT service that ABP UK needs to be the best at what it does.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and vibrant team in an all-encompassing training programme!
What will you be doing?
Your ultimate goal will be to progress towards becoming a member of the IT team at one of our sites in the UK. From day one, you’ll get real responsibility and the opportunity to work alongside senior management teams. Your journey will take in everything from understanding service management processes, designing new IT services and delivering IT projects for the ABP UK business. You will have opportunities to build your technical skills in servers, storage, end user computing, networks, security, software development and business intelligence.
By the end of the training programme you’ll be equipped to manage IT at a site or provide a level of technical expertise as part the central IT Team.
What do you need?
We’re looking for Computer Science, or related graduates that are:
- Passionate about working in IT
- Able to quickly extract relevant information from large and complex scenarios
- Appreciate how methodologies can support great customer service
- Able to translate complex technical scenarios into solutions that the business understands
- Great communicators with an ability to influence others and recognises that IT is a service
- Keen on detail and analytical in their approach
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Role Success Factors
- Safety First - Shows safety awareness and will take a step back to consider the safety aspect before ‘diving in’ to complete the task.
- Try. Try. Try. - Resilience. Never gives up. Always finds a way.
- Just Do It - Effective Execution. Makes things happen. Gets things right first time.
- Communication - Works with all people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting their language and communication style where required. Good verbal and written English.
- Bigger Picture - Understands the customer and is always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders. Knows what great service is.
- Team Player - Works & interacts with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of personal goals.
Hours of Work:
40 hrs per week
with flexibility to meet the needs of the training programme
£20,000 pa plus an attractive £4,000
accommodation fund each year of programme
Length of programme:
Closing Date for Applications:
29th May 2017
How to apply
Please send a full CV with a covering letter to Mandy Thompson People Change Talent Manager at ABP UK, 6290 Bishops Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7YB
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org