About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for nearly 50 years, a milestone we are looking forward to celebrating with the local community this September.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, is currently looking for an experienced HR Coordinator to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Human Resources team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of recruitment activity from initial authorisation, placing adverts, scheduling and supporting interviews with line managers, pre-employment checks and references, preparation and issue of accurate contractual documentation and payroll notification
- Maintenance and delivery of Company Induction and administrative maintenance of associated policies and handbook, liaising with Department managers to ensure their departmental inductions are delivered
- To assist in ensuring site-wide awareness and understanding of all relevant company policies, procedures and employment legislation.
- Liaising with all departments and their managerial teams, external agencies and staff to ensure HR related queries are answered.
What do you need?
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience within an HR or recruitment administrative setting
- Numerate and computer literate with a strong ability to manipulate data using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communicator with the interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels within the business
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to work at pace and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience within an FMCG environment
- Qualified, or part qualified, to at least Level 3 in a relevant HR discipline
- Membership of the CIPD
- Lives within a 30 mile radius of Market Drayton (TF9 3AL)
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary between £18,000 and £21,000 dependent on experience
- Company Pension
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!