About the company
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
Based in Hull, the role is commutable from the surrounding areas of East Yorkshire and North East Lincolnshire, Grimsby, York and Leeds.
What's the job?
Health and Safety Assistant, Hull, an exciting opportunity to develop your health and safety career within a brilliant food manufacturing business.
Can you identify new and innovative ways of working to improve health and safety performance? In this new role you can make a real difference.
You will provide effective support to the Health and Safety Manager and wider team, actively contributing to maintaining a safe working environment for employees in line with health and safety policies and processes.
What will you be doing?
- Monitoring all safety occurrences and prepare monthly statistical reports
- Assist with regular site audits
- Produce tool box talks and assist with internal training
- Review and prepare risk assessments and work instructions
- Assist with the preparation of health and safety projects
- Investigate accident and incident reports, making recommendations for corrective actions
- Support managers with accident investigations
- Compile environmental data to ensure compliance with statutory legislation is adhered to
- Monitor contractors, ensuring relevant permits are issued
What do you need?
You will ideally hold a NEBOSH certificate and must have a confident, up to date knowledge of health and safety. You will be an excellent communicator at all levels, be computer literate and ideally have previous experience of auditing. You will be able to prioritise various tasks with demonstrable organisational and planning skills.
You may be a graduate in a relevant discipline with some experience in a similar role, though this is not essential. Above all we’re looking for a driven and conscientious individual who will strive to make a real contribution to the business. In return, your own learning and development will be encouraged in a supportive environment.