About the company
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for nearly 50 years, a milestone we are looking forward to celebrating with the local community in 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this
vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
What's the job?
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking to recruit a Guisti Cook to work in the Cookhousewithin a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills and have the following responsibilities:
- The successful applicant will liaise closely with the Section Leaders in order to prepare and cook product fills.
- Cook product fills following standard instructions.
- Completion of relevant paperwork.
- Cleaning of area and vessels during production.
- Complete Taste-As-You-Go analysis on cooked fills.
Shift: 4 on 4 off – B Shift Days
Nights –18:00pm - 06:00am – 4 on 4 off
Hours: 06:00am – 18:00pm
What do you need?
- Comfortable working with weights and scales
- Numerate and accuracy – attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to consistently work under pressure.
- Completion of paperwork accurately
- Able to work on own initiative
What do you get?
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A Pay rate of £8.42 per hour plus 15% Day Shift Allowance which equates to an annual salary of £19,385.08
- Company Pension
- 24 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays and public holidays)
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!