About the company
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient 'food to go' such as prepared salad and fruit, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating from three sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
About the office location:
Commuting here is a breeze! All three sites are located close to the bottom of the A3 and M27, surrounded by fields and serenity. Our offices are modern, bright and airy with free parking onsite.
What's the job?
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning New Product Development (NPD) team as a Junior NPD Project Manager. This is an integral role working with an NPD Project Manager supporting the delivery of NPD and EDP for one of our retail customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience the role of an NPD Project Manager and to carve a career path within this exciting industry. You will have a clear development path and the opportunity to step in for Project Managers in times of absence/temporary cover which will give you a broad exposure to our customers and the business as a whole.
What will you be doing?
- Working with category managers and the innovation team to identify new opportunities and develop commercially viable products
- Day to day management and administration of the development process for customer projects
- Support NPD Project Manager in range reviews
- Engage in relevant customer centric team and play an appropriate part in delivering the agreed customer growth strategy.
What do you need?
You’re highly organised with excellent attention to detail. We’re looking for a strong team player who can confidently manage a busy and varied workload. You’ll have prior administration experience and ideally some knowledge of project management or a keen interest in the principles. Most importantly, you’ll show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills and develop within this role.
If you have the following knowledge and experience, we want to talk to you:
- Ability to manage projects to timelines
- Experience of managing effective relationships both internal and external stakeholders
- A passion and interest in the food industry/ keeping up to date with latest trends
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages or equivalent databases
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
These would be a bonus too:
- Experience of working within a project management environment
- Food related degree/equivalent
We want you to love working for us and what you do, so we have put together a great package of benefits:
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension
- 25 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
What to do next…
We really hope this has piqued your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the ‘apply’ button today and our expert internal recruitment team will be in touch!
If you aspire to work in a fast-paced business that is growing from strength to strength, join us. You’ll not only find this a brilliant place to work but also a dynamic business you can take pride in being a part of.
We always love to hear from great people too, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer.