About the company
Addo Food Group, formally known as Pork Farms, is the premium producer of chilled savoury pastry products in the UK. The Group has a passion for food; this comes through in the quality and range of its products, and the techniques and standards it applies to producing them.
Our products are developed and produced at six locations across the UK. Each is a standalone business unit and a specialist centre with expert teams focused on leading the thinking, development and understanding of their category.
With roots that stretch back over 160 years, we have a long tradition of providing high quality, delicious food. We sell over 256 million products every year; both within our own branded portfolio and for retail partners.
Our ranges include a broad variety of chilled savoury foods, including pork pies, quiche, savoury pies, sausage rolls, pasties, slices and scotch eggs.
What's the job?
The apprentice programme lasts for approximately 4 years and will be a multiskilled apprenticeship with a bias towards electrical engineering. During your time you will gain the necessary skills to perform one of a number of engineering roles.
Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will learn all aspects of Mechanical / Electrical / Maintenance engineering within the Food Industry.
You will achieve this by:
- Carrying out and completing tasks and undertaking projects both for the company and educational institutions when required
- Attending college/university on a day or block release
- Collecting evidence and working towards the employees individual training plan
- Ensuring the site complies with all applicable Engineering, Technical and Health and Safety standards and legislation
What do you need?
- Possess 5 GCSEs A-C grade including Maths and English or new grading equivalent for 2017 GCSE passes
- Be ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Be PC literate
- Have manual dexterity
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A good team worker and ability to communicate with others
- A Passion for Engineering
What do you get?
- A rewarding and successful career
- The opportunity to gain qualifications such as NVQs, Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship, BTEC or HNC/HND, etc
- A nationally recognised and transferable skill set
- Opportunities to specialise or diversify within engineering
Hear’s what our current Engineering Apprentices think about the Apprenticeship Programme:
"Working at Addo has given me a high level of academic qualifications as well as a skilled trade in engineering."
"Working alongside with experienced engineers, I have learned from the best teachers who are engineers with years of valuable experience."
How to apply
Please visit the following link to apply using vacancy reference number VAC001293252: www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Closing date: 3rd September 2017