About the company
Dairy Crest is a leading British food ingredients company processing and selling market leading branded dairy products and ingredients for the UK and global markets. At Dairy Crest we recognise that the dedication of our team is intrinsic to business growth, so we are committed to looking after our people and investing in their personal and career development as well as playing an active, supportive role in the communities in which we do business.
The Apprenticeship for Dairy Technology is a ground breaking European Dairy Education Network (EDEN) initiative driven by the whole dairy industry and provides a Dairy Foundation Degree and apprenticeship programme. Its aim is to deliver world-class staff for tomorrow’s dairy industry. We are looking for our senior leaders of the future.
About the apprenticeship
Dairy Crest is offering an exciting opportunity to apply to the ground breaking Eden Dairy Technologist Apprenticeship programme. This is a four year, academic and work based foundation degree, driven by the whole dairy industry. The apprenticeship builds skills in innovation, leadership and motivation.
The apprenticeship provides:
- A Dairy Foundation Degree
- Education and development in the fundamental principles of dairy production processes, theory, science and practical skills.
The apprenticeship involves:
- Six terms of 6 – 7 weeks of dairy training for three years at Reaseheath College based in Cheshire
- You will study dairy theory and science, as well as gaining practical ‘hands on’ skills at one of our Dairy Crest Sites on specialised projects.
- A fourth year consists of 2-3 tailored secondments around the business to gain wider business knowledge and work experience to help you continue your career with Dairy Crest.
What do you get?
Whilst you study, you will earn a minimum starting salary of £16K, whilst paying no tuition fees, as well as having no loans to pay back after graduation. You will also be provided with an on-site mentor as well as graduate apprentices to support you. After you graduate, you will have all the skills you need to give you fantastic career opportunities and choices.
The fourth and final year of this programme consists of a ‘Graduate Development Programme’ where you will have various secondments across the organisation relating to your areas of interest and to support you in your future career with Dairy Crest. This will help you decide what role you want to move into once you complete the programme.
Once you graduate we will try to move you into a core role within our organisation as quickly as we can. Based on your interest and our needs, you could go into one of our production sites where you might become a Shift Manager to gain valuable process and people management skills, a Quality Auditor helping to maintain our technical standards, a Process Engineer working on Improvement Projects such as waste reduction, or you might move into one of our Compliance Functions that would help us develop the quality or environmental standards. Alternatively you may join our Research and Development team as a Product Technologist, where you'll be involved in finding new ways of adding value to our products or ingredients.
What do you need?
To be the ideal trainee, you should be:
- Willing to travel and relocate to different sites during and after the programme
- Interested in the food industry
- Self-motivated and inquisitive, open to change and new ways of working and thinking.
- Have strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
You must have:
- A minimum of 3 GCSE grade C in Maths, English and Science
- An A level or equivalent
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for our selection process:
- Telephone Interview: April/May
- Assessment Centre: Camelford, Cornwall – 10th May 2018
- Workplace induction at site: September 2018
- Apprenticeship course delivery starts at Reaseheath College: October 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role please send a current CV and covering letter via the link below
Please ensure that you quote the reference number 6918 when submitting your application.
The closing date is 23rd April 2018.
Any applications received after this date may not be processed.
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with Dairy Crest. We have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.
We do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV’s supplied to Dairy Crest unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.