About the company
Dairy Crest is a leading British food ingredients company processing and selling market leading branded dairy products and ingredients for the UK and global markets. At Dairy Crest we recognise that the dedication of our team is intrinsic to business growth, so we are committed to looking after our people and investing in their personal and career development as well as playing an active, supportive role in the communities in which we do business.
The Apprenticeship for Dairy Engineers is a ground breaking European Dairy Education Network (EDEN) initiative driven by the whole dairy industry and provides a Dairy Foundation Degree and apprenticeship programme. Its aim is to deliver world-class staff for tomorrow’s dairy industry. We are looking for our senior leaders of the future.
About the apprenticeship
Dairy Crest is offering an exciting opportunity to apply to the ground breaking Eden Dairy Engineering Apprenticeship programme. This is a four year, academic and work based industry recognised Engineering Apprenticeship qualification, with additional modules specific to the dairy and food industry. It also builds skills in innovation, influencing, leadership and motivation.
The programme provides on the job training by us whilst working in partnership with our training providers Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) and Reaseheath College to achieve the following apprenticeship standard:
- Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship at level 3, with end point assessment of skills/knowledge
- Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance at level 3
- Award in Food Safety and HACCP at level 2
- Integrated technical study and work based learning
- During your final year, you may also be offered the opportunity to study for an HNC
The apprenticeship involves:
- Initial residential 17 weeks of Engineering training in year one, at Reaseheath College based in Cheshire
- Further residential 5-7 weeks per year of Engineering training over years two, three and four
- The remainder of the time will be spent hands on in the dairy industry working at our Nuneaton site
- Access at Reaseheath College to the latest technology in a purpose-built training facility equipped with the very latest machinery, dairy technology and software control systems
- You will also study dairy theory and science in relation to Engineering.
What do you get?
Whilst you study, you will earn a minimum starting salary of £16K, whilst paying no tuition fees, as well as having no loans to pay back after graduation. You will also be provided with an on-site mentor as well as graduated apprentices to support you. We will provide you with a laptop during the apprenticeship, and pay for your accommodation and food when at college. After graduation, you will have all the skills you need to give you fantastic career opportunities in Engineering. On completion of your apprenticeship you will qualify for membership to the Institute of Technical Engineers.
What do you need?
To be the ideal trainee, you should be:
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn
- Keen interest in Engineering and the food industry
- Be prepared to commit to a four year period of study and hard work
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Open to change and new ways of working and thinking.
You must have:
- This apprenticeship is a level 3 qualification so you will need to demonstrate a good general level of education a minimum of three GCSE and at least a grade B in Maths and grade C in English
- An A level or equivalent in Maths or Engineering related subject is highly desirable
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for our selection process:
- Telephone Interview: April/May
- Assessment Centre: Nuneaton 23 May 2018
- Workplace induction at site: September 2018
- Apprenticeship course delivery starts at Reaseheath College: October 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role please send a current CV and covering letter via the link below
Please ensure that you quote the reference number 6920 when submitting your application.
The closing date is 23rd April 2018.
Any applications received after this date may not be processed.
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with Dairy Crest. We have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.
We do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV’s supplied to Dairy Crest unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.